A question about a recipe: Balkan Lamb and Leek Pie

De76fc0e b19d 4417 8533 13ebd1d4e548  food52 01 22 13 8303

I have a question about the recipe "Balkan Lamb and Leek Pie" from inpatskitchen. If I make this ahead of time and keep it in the fridge, should I cover the top with a damp paper towel to keep the phyllo fresh?

asked by daisy326 about 3 years ago

I would! And maybe even plastic wrap over that

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Yes you can...or bake it ahead of time and re warm in the oven with a little more melted butter brushed on the top. Actually you can make this days ahead and freeze without the melted butter. Thaw it a bit, add the butter and bake as usual.

Alexandra V. Jones

In working with phyllo, I wouldn't keep the paper towel on it, as it can make it wet and ruin the composition (make it soggy and break). I've done cheese pies the night before I just butter between the layers and butter the top, and they cook up fine the next day.