A question about a recipe: Jamie Oliver's Chicken in Milk

595eb378 aedd 402c bc5b 33b99e79ea88  16066190087 cf6d673be5 b

I have a question about the recipe "Jamie Oliver's Chicken in Milk" from Genius Recipes. Will this work with Lactaid milk?

asked by Andrea K about 3 years ago

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I don't see why not....I don't think the lactase enzymes added to Lactaid have anything to do with the lactic acid activity that is essential to the recipe. I have been told by people, though, that Lactaid is noticeably sweeter than regular milk...so I'd be just a little concerned about that.

Andrea K

Thank You!

I used it when a lactose intolerant friend came for dinner and it was awesome. I liked the little bit of sweetness. It "broke" perfectly.