🔕 🔔

Preserved Lemom

I am cooking a dinner that calls for 1 oz of finely chopped preserved lemon. I bought them at a local market but do not know what part to use. THe whole lemon? The rind?? The recipe does not tell me.

asked by wwitbeck about 2 years ago

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

The rind.

2be67627 3090 4a8a b635 614641e1a623  open uri20130826 6218 1fo5zgf

if you take a spoon and, starting at an edge, gently scrape the inside of the lemon, the flesh and the white membrane should separate easily and leave you with just a soft semi-translucent rind.

I almost always use the pulp and the rind for extra lemon flavor. Just rinse well first.