What are some interesting non-alcoholic, not sweet drinks to serve with veal stuffed peppers at a weeknight celebration dinner? We're a little tired of sparkling water w lime.

asked by Alixe&Lorenzo over 7 years ago

shindig

I had a non-alcoholic fermented soda from Whole Foods that was a nice change of pace (Light Red): http://www.cheerscascal.com/

Alixe&Lorenzo

I'm intrigued, many thanks... Especially since your note arrives while I'm about to enter Whole Foods.

We love Knudson's Sparkling Cranberry Juice -- it has been a constant at our Thanksgivings.

lastnightsdinner

There are some more ideas here: http://www.seriouseats... (full disclosure - my husband wrote this piece :) )

Alixe&Lorenzo

Thanks for disclosing, i'm whipping up the ginger lime brew tonight. Thanks for this.

veghead

http://www.drysoda.com/
Dry Sodas are my favorite food friendly non alc drink. Flavors like cucumber, rhubarb, and lavender...just to name a few. Not too sweet. Really yummy!!!

beyondcelery

Something I do occasionally: Blend 1/2 fresh cucumber in a blender with about 1 tsp lime juice and 3-4 cubes ice. Mix equal parts with ginger ale and float frozen blueberries in it. It's delicious, looks really festive, and stays cold a long time because of the blueberries! It's good with rum as well, but completely holds its own without the alcohol.

Alixe&Lorenzo

Another great suggestion from Syronai

SouthernCooking

We are fans of Basil Lemonade. I make a Simple Syrup then add a cup or so of fresh crushed basil while the syrup is cooling. Then I use the Basil Simple Syrup to make lemonade. The longer the basil sits and the more you use, the stronger the basil flavor. I haven't tried it, but it occurs to me that you could add sparkling water to the lemonade to give it effervescence.

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris