🔕 🔔

What are some interesting non-alcoholic, not sweet drinks to serve with veal stuffed peppers at a weeknight celebration dinner? We're a little tired of sparkling water w lime.

asked by Alixe&Lorenzo almost 7 years ago

I had a non-alcoholic fermented soda from Whole Foods that was a nice change of pace (Light Red): http://www.cheerscascal...

Dce4462e 5c56 4881 bdc3 04a2c95a72be  simon linda ariellanaming v2

I'm intrigued, many thanks... Especially since your note arrives while I'm about to enter Whole Foods.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

We love Knudson's Sparkling Cranberry Juice -- it has been a constant at our Thanksgivings.

34b35e7d 9f0b 412e bbb2 00e0498f86d5  2016 10 06 19 40 38

There are some more ideas here: http://www.seriouseats... (full disclosure - my husband wrote this piece :) )

Thanks for disclosing, i'm whipping up the ginger lime brew tonight. Thanks for this.

3b03d959 f47a 4150 b1e2 8d430ff8e709  capitol reef zion 2009 032

http://www.drysoda.com/
Dry Sodas are my favorite food friendly non alc drink. Flavors like cucumber, rhubarb, and lavender...just to name a few. Not too sweet. Really yummy!!!

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

Something I do occasionally: Blend 1/2 fresh cucumber in a blender with about 1 tsp lime juice and 3-4 cubes ice. Mix equal parts with ginger ale and float frozen blueberries in it. It's delicious, looks really festive, and stays cold a long time because of the blueberries! It's good with rum as well, but completely holds its own without the alcohol.

Another great suggestion from Syronai

We are fans of Basil Lemonade. I make a Simple Syrup then add a cup or so of fresh crushed basil while the syrup is cooling. Then I use the Basil Simple Syrup to make lemonade. The longer the basil sits and the more you use, the stronger the basil flavor. I haven't tried it, but it occurs to me that you could add sparkling water to the lemonade to give it effervescence.