What should i serve with stuffed peppers?

What should I serve withs southwest stuffed peppers?

asked by Rachelwrites about 3 years ago

For Tex-Mex dinner, add some beer and - if there's no starch in the peppers - some rice.
To end the meal, a sweet jalapeño pie for dessert.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe...
For the fresh berries, since we're out of season, substitute frozen or another fruit.

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

What exactly are you stuffing them with?

Rachelwrites

Ground beef rice corn .beans. And then cheese and sour cream on top.

Meaghan F

If your peppers are what I'm picturing (stuffed with a mix of meat, tomato-based sauce, and rice, with melted cheese on top) you probably want something that will add some texture and bright flavors. A crunchy slaw, especially jicama-based, would be a great option; you could also do roasted potatoes or other sturdy root veg (sprinkled with a cumin-chili-cinnamon combo, maybe, to keep the southwestern vibe going).