light crisp pastry

I can't seem to get the right consistency of a sweet light crispy pastry to make a fruit pie. Its either to chewy, to hard or just doesn't seem right. Is there any very easy recipe for someone who just can't keep from messing it up?

asked by Victoria Mora about 3 years ago

Picholine

No matter the recipe it's important to not overwork the mix and refrigerate so well chilled before rolling out and place immediately in a preheated oven.

The vodka crust promoted by America's Test Kitchen addresses that problem with some success. Rose Levy Barenbaum's recipe isn't exactly simple, but the directions are so meticulous you can hardly fail. I would personally advocate learning traditional methods- which take some practice- but I do realize that's not happening for a lot of people.

This tutorial may help you.
https://thesolitarycook.wordpress.com/2012/07/28/perfect-flaky-pastry/