light crisp pastry

I can't seem to get the right consistency of a sweet light crispy pastry to make a fruit pie. Its either to chewy, to hard or just doesn't seem right. Is there any very easy recipe for someone who just can't keep from messing it up?

asked by Victoria Mora almost 3 years ago

Picholine

No matter the recipe it's important to not overwork the mix and refrigerate so well chilled before rolling out and place immediately in a preheated oven.

The vodka crust promoted by America's Test Kitchen addresses that problem with some success. Rose Levy Barenbaum's recipe isn't exactly simple, but the directions are so meticulous you can hardly fail. I would personally advocate learning traditional methods- which take some practice- but I do realize that's not happening for a lot of people.

This tutorial may help you.
https://thesolitarycook...

The $1.89 Lunch Our Editor-in-Chief Swears By

Chickpeas to the Rescue

Curried Chickpea Sandwich

You can count the ingredients on one hand.

Simplest Homemade Doughnuts

Meatballs lend comfort on one family's journey from Mexico.

My Family Recipe: Mexican Meatballs

What's New in the Neighborhood

From weeknight favorites to regional classics.

12 Essential Italian Cookbooks