I left a pork roast out thawing overnight. (It went from frozen solid to room temp in about 10 hrs) Is it safe to eat?

asked by Chrissy almost 3 years ago

Bridget Rorem

No.

cookbookchick

Personally, I would go ahead and roast it.

Cav
Cav

Is it slimy and smelly? Do you live in a sauna? Are you going to feed it to at risk people? If no is the answer to these, then I'd roast it. I defrosted a pork shoulder overnight, outside of the fridge just this Saturday. Everyone lived.

I'd probably roast it as well. This time of year, my kitchen is very chilly. As in it was 42 degrees in my kitchen this morning. People will be divided on this and you really need to decide for yourself.