🔕 🔔

My favorite bar cookie recipe always sticks to the pan, in spite of the recommended oiling of said pan. Do I try parchment? foil?

asked by stilltrying over 6 years ago

B0f2c3df 9bf7 43fc 8544 eb75ba85a60e  kay at lake

Parchment is your friend in this situation! I find foil wants to peel away from sticky stuff in little shreds, which you then have to pick off the cookie or agonize when a shred hits one of your fillings. In a pinch, I have used waxed paper, but you get a slighly greasy feel (no taste I can detect) on the bottom of your food, and it's a yucky deposit on your pan, too.

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Yes, I agree with Kayb. Parchment should work very nicely. Sometimes, it helps to keep an overhang on the edges. That way, you can pull the whole thing out of the pan when it's cool, place it on a cutting board and slice away with a serrated bread knife.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Have you tried flouring as well as oiling the pan? If that doesn't do the trick, I'd hit the parchment...my love of parchment knows no bounds.

C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image

Butter is a lot better than oil for greasing a pan, and butter + flour is even better. But parchment is da bomb.

Parchment, and spray with pan spray lightly.