Hello! We made the Edna Lewis & Scott Peacock's Sweet Potato casserole and the potato mixture is very liquidy. Should we add more potatoes? Thanks

It's roughly a bit thicker than apple sauce consistency and wondering if we should add more potatoes or if it will rise like a custard. Thanks!

asked by jennifer knopf about 3 years ago

It will dry out a fair amount in the oven—it sounds like it might be a tad runnier than our version, but it may still very well be delicious, so I'm hesitant to say just add more potatoes.

What if you cook off a little portion of it in a ramekin in the microwave (or just in a small pot on the stove) and see if you like how it tastes first?