Help! my father added mirepoix vegetables to stuffing mix but didn't sauté them first

Will I have raw vegetables in my stuffing? I haven't added any if the liquid ingredients or binders yet; wondering if I could spread everything out on a sheet pan to roast for a bit and then proceed as usual.

asked by Katherine Major almost 3 years ago

Not to worry. The vegetables will cook, maybe in a minute or two longer than planned.
Many people prefer to cook the stuffing outside the bird, as it gives more control and food safety for both dishes.
Even if you were planning to stuff the bird, maybe you should should choose the separate-cooking method. Then you can add your liquid ingredients and binders.
And to ensure you get turkey flavor in the stuffing (now maybe called "dressing"), cook it with some turkey broth and/or serve with turkey gravy.

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris