A question about a recipe: Holiday Crinkle Cookies

Hi! I tried making these but even after they were refrigerated for 5 hours, the dough didn't really lend itself to roll into balls (it was sticky). Is this how it's supposed to be? The taste still seemed right..

• Posted by: hilda
  • December 9, 2015

C Sangueza
C Sangueza December 10, 2015

I don't know what your recipe is but we make a chocolate crinkle cookie. The dough is almost batter like, but it hardens up some when you chill it. Ours are rolled in powdered sugar, so I drop the dough by the teaspoonful into the powdered sugar so that the sugar kind of coats the dough before rolling them. Your hands still end up sticky anyway but they are a favorite.

hilda
hilda December 10, 2015

Ah, I think the trick is in covering it with the powdered sugar so that you can roll it into a ball. Thank you!

C Sangueza
C Sangueza December 10, 2015