The pie emoji is coming! Hear how we helped change history. »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Holiday Crinkle Cookies

Hi! I tried making these but even after they were refrigerated for 5 hours, the dough didn't really lend itself to roll into balls (it was sticky). Is this how it's supposed to be? The taste still seemed right..

asked by hilda over 1 year ago
F92231df 227e 4486 9cc8 279621ca1481  harvest party

I don't know what your recipe is but we make a chocolate crinkle cookie. The dough is almost batter like, but it hardens up some when you chill it. Ours are rolled in powdered sugar, so I drop the dough by the teaspoonful into the powdered sugar so that the sugar kind of coats the dough before rolling them. Your hands still end up sticky anyway but they are a favorite.

Ah, I think the trick is in covering it with the powdered sugar so that you can roll it into a ball. Thank you!