What to do with Combined feta and shallots

I mixed 2 oz of a great Israeli feta with about 6 chopped shallots, on accident. Is there anything I can do with these mixed ingredients??

• Posted by: Jesse
  • January 31, 2016

Susan W January 31, 2016

That's a lot of shallots to feta. Maybe cook and wring out some spinach, mix in with the feta and shallots. It would make a tasty omelette or stuffed mushroom filling. Stuffed chicken breast would be good too.

Emily | Cinnamon&Citrus
Emily | Cinnamon&Citrus February 1, 2016

I make a chicken en papillote that is stuffed with feta and sundried tomatoes with this recipe where the feta would stand out: http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/easy-chicken-recipes/feta-herb-sun-dried-tomato-stuffed-chicken-recipes.

Nancy February 1, 2016

Use it to top a pizza or fill a calzone.
Mix in some sliced cucumber, any melon chunks (or pineapple or mango if melon out of season), cilantro and vinaigrette for a refreshing salad.

sexyLAMBCHOPx February 1, 2016

Any chance you still have the brine from the feta? If so, soak everything the shallots & feta and it will soften the raw bite from the shallots. Cook in a pasta dish, quinoa or farro or add to rice. Make some sort of casserole or try out a new biscuit recipe with the additions. Add to salad.

QueenSashy February 1, 2016

If you have more feta, you could add it to the mix, with some Hungarian pepper and a little bit of oil (or sour cream or butter), and then it will turn into Liptauer.

scruz
scruz February 1, 2016

i recently had a several type of citrus salad with nuggets of beets over baby greens and toasted walnuts. sprinkle amongst was an aged ricotta. i think the crumbled feta/shallots sounds like a nice substitution.

QueenSashy February 1, 2016

scruz that is a genius suggestion...