tamarind paste

my tamarind paste concentrate has become hard and i suppose dried out. do you think i can just add some hot water and mix well to bring it back to its old mushy paste consistency

asked by alienor over 2 years ago

Yes. Tamarind pulp that is not in a block and is ready to use is simply concentrated pulp with water added. You may need to use a blender or food processor.

and/or microwave if the container allows.
also, consider adding water and letting it sit, covered, for 12-24 hours before you mix it up.

LE BEC FIN

I don't think sitting for 12 hours will do you any good. Key here is BOILING water.Pour some to cover the top of the tamarind; try prying out after a few minutes. You never need very much concentrate in any recipe I've seen. is yours in a plastic jar with red lid- from India?

alienor

yes, yo have it right. my jar is with yellow label and red lid and its contents are very very stiff....