A question about a recipe: Saltie's Focaccia

151f637c 0414 47b3 8108 941d30fe8f96  2017 1003 delta faucet focaccia hero julia gartland 112

I have a question about the recipe "Saltie's Focaccia" from Marian Bull. Should i use All Purpose Flour or Bread Flour? Doesn't specifcy.

asked by meganvt01 over 2 years ago

You could use either, but AP is probably closer to the 00 flour that would likely be used in Italy- it should be a fairly strong AP, like King Arthur (stay away from bleached; it tends to be very low gluten.

Rebecca Zicarelli

I would use all-purpose for this recipe; it doesn't need the high-gluten development of an airy artisanal bread.