Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

Churning a double batch of ice cream in the Kitchen Aid ice cream maker?

Has anyone tried churning a double batch of ice cream in the KA ice cream maker? By double batch I mean approximately 1.5-2 liters of ice cream custard (recipe from The Perfect Scoop). The manufacturer´s website says the bowl can churn "up to 2 quarts" but I´ve never done that before and it seems a bit too much for the bowl. Has anyone tried this?

asked by gudrunhelgasig 11 months ago
2a18f4f0 01bc 4b7d b1ee d33b9a826f74  fb avatar

It is too much for the bowl.

I meant to say in my earlier comment that I actually have tried it and trust me it IS too much for the bowl. Hope this helps!

I decided to listen to you and churn one batch at a time and was glad I did (since the bowl was pretty much full at the end of churning), thanks for answering my question.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.