Churning a double batch of ice cream in the Kitchen Aid ice cream maker?

Has anyone tried churning a double batch of ice cream in the KA ice cream maker? By double batch I mean approximately 1.5-2 liters of ice cream custard (recipe from The Perfect Scoop). The manufacturer´s website says the bowl can churn "up to 2 quarts" but I´ve never done that before and it seems a bit too much for the bowl. Has anyone tried this?

asked by gudrunhelgasig over 2 years ago

Phillie Filly

It is too much for the bowl.

Phillie Filly

I meant to say in my earlier comment that I actually have tried it and trust me it IS too much for the bowl. Hope this helps!

gudrunhelgasig

I decided to listen to you and churn one batch at a time and was glad I did (since the bowl was pretty much full at the end of churning), thanks for answering my question.