🔕 🔔

I want to use some almond paste that I have stored in my refrigerator for quite a while. It's pretty firm since it's cold, but I wonder how to know if it's still any good. It doesn't taste or smell bad. Is there another test? Does it have an indefinite shelf life? Thanks.

asked by jocelyng over 6 years ago

693453b7 7e84 4b19 b610 d1ec77bbc42d  halloween

how long is a while? It seems that the two ingredients in most almond paste (sugar and almonds) stay good for a long while, so if it doesn't taste like the refrigerator, the sugar has probably kept the almonds well preserved so it could be fine. Make some rainbow cookies! http://smittenkitchen.com...

7124ef9e 8cee 4d7c 8ab8 fa611e8ce383  jocelyn 2006

It has been a long while, but it was in the butter compartment (with no butter). I'm going to make some Pignoli Nut Cookies. (I already made some Meyer Lemon Pots de Creme with a raspberry sauce for a dinner we're going to tonight, but four little ramekins seems insufficient. And I'm insane.) Thanks!