🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Louisa's Cake

251ea3fb bebc 4b20 bc02 c3a1e935504f  2016 0309 italian lemon ricotta cake for easter james ransom 041

I have a question about the recipe "Louisa's Cake" from Jennifer Wagner. I followed the recipe exactly, but had to bake it for 45 minutes. Even then, the middle was raw. The rest of it was delicious, so I'd like to know how to solve this problem.

asked by Brigitte Waisberg over 1 year ago

695013bb 6175 44d4 9967 d3fa0ab27033  stringio

Have you checked your oven temperature lately? They're highly unreliable. Did you use the pan recommended in the recipe?

Could it be that the cake was not mixed properly? That is if the oven does not have a temperature emission problem.

I agree with Smaug that the temperature of the oven is probably to blame. My oven run about 15 degrees cooler and has caused me problems before.