🔕 🔔

Loquats in dessert?

So here's the thing: me and my mom are starting to come across tress that produce succulent and juicy Japanese plums, aka loquats. I really wanna make them into a yummy dessert soon, other than just making it into preservatives. Any ideas on what to make with these yum plums?

asked by Deedeelicious almost 2 years ago

84732cc2 b287 43eb 8c2c acb4fcea3d3f  2015 0917 cofield marble shape studs half moon mid bobbi lin 10925

there are some great ideas here! https://food52.com/blog...

Oooooo man that's a nice article thanks !!

695013bb 6175 44d4 9967 d3fa0ab27033  stringio

I'd be interested to know what part of the country you're in- never heard the term "Japanese Plums"- perhaps because plums are widely grown here, and they fall into two groups known as European and Japanese plums. I'm not sur where loquats come from- probably the orient- but in Northern California, anyway, they are mostly grown by Portuguese immigrants and their descendants. We never cooked with them- just ate them straight off the tree.

Never heard the term used for loquats, that is.