Loquats in dessert?

So here's the thing: me and my mom are starting to come across tress that produce succulent and juicy Japanese plums, aka loquats. I really wanna make them into a yummy dessert soon, other than just making it into preservatives. Any ideas on what to make with these yum plums?

asked by Deedeelicious over 2 years ago

Caroline Lange

there are some great ideas here! https://food52.com/blog...

Deedeelicious

Oooooo man that's a nice article thanks !!

I'd be interested to know what part of the country you're in- never heard the term "Japanese Plums"- perhaps because plums are widely grown here, and they fall into two groups known as European and Japanese plums. I'm not sur where loquats come from- probably the orient- but in Northern California, anyway, they are mostly grown by Portuguese immigrants and their descendants. We never cooked with them- just ate them straight off the tree.

Never heard the term used for loquats, that is.