The exclusive Italian nonstick from Ballarini the pros swear by. Shop now »
🔕 🔔

Why my 'viewing' doesn't register when I open a recipe...

I have been viewing recipes for the egg contest and none of them register. Those that have zero, still have zeroes after I view it. Does anyone know why?

asked 12 months ago
Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Hi BerryBaby -

The system is set up to wait until a recipe has gained a certain number of new views (29 I believe) and then update the count, so you'll see the view counts jump up in steps of a couple dozen(ish) views at a time. If you haven't seen a recipe's count go up yet, that means it still has some more views to go before the visible count is updated. This is done to take it easy on our servers, but we recognize that it isn't an ideal solution long term. Sorry for any confusion!

For future reference, the best way to reach us with question about the site is to shoot us an email: [email protected]

283aaeb7 c91c 4441 9375 ea3c70af8566  125tomato14

Thank you! I appreciate your reply and will direct future questions, such as this one, to the email provided.