Staub .... What's the deal with the pricing?

I'd like to try staub cookware but I cannot figure out the pricing. It's always on sale...40 percent etc. is the sale price the actual price with the MSRP just a marketing tooL? Considering a 5.5l cocotte for 149. If it's so great why is it always so discounted?

Smaug May 14, 2016

Because the list prices are preposterous; leaves plenty of wiggle room.

Rebecca Salisbury
Rebecca Salisbury May 16, 2016

Hi there! So happy to hear you're interested in Staub, it's become my go-to cookware for the last few months. Our shop's pricing for Staub cookware is actually set by the manufacturer; what shows "on sale" on our website is truly on sale for the season! Those products will then change every so often. Everything else we list the lowest price provided by the manufacturer. I do hope this helps you with your decision.

pierino May 16, 2016

Le Creuset does the same thing. With them you can always find a sale on last season's colors. So if you don't mind a mismatched collection...

pierino May 16, 2016

sexyLAMBCHOPx May 16, 2016

I don't see the 5.5l cocotte for $149 on the site. That's a great price. I would grab it if its a 5.5 Qt.