🔕 🔔

Staub .... What's the deal with the pricing?

I'd like to try staub cookware but I cannot figure out the pricing. It's always on sale...40 percent etc. is the sale price the actual price with the MSRP just a marketing tooL? Considering a 5.5l cocotte for 149. If it's so great why is it always so discounted?

asked by puttakka over 1 year ago

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

Because the list prices are preposterous; leaves plenty of wiggle room.

492f4071 0534 45eb 960b ec37cfe88cab  222342 546547697817 3203491 n
Rebecca Salisbury

Rebecca is Food52's Director of Customer Care

Hi there! So happy to hear you're interested in Staub, it's become my go-to cookware for the last few months. Our shop's pricing for Staub cookware is actually set by the manufacturer; what shows "on sale" on our website is truly on sale for the season! Those products will then change every so often. Everything else we list the lowest price provided by the manufacturer. I do hope this helps you with your decision.

Le Creuset does the same thing. With them you can always find a sale on last season's colors. So if you don't mind a mismatched collection...

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

I don't see the 5.5l cocotte for $149 on the site. That's a great price. I would grab it if its a 5.5 Qt.