🔕 🔔

I'd like advice re. the best priced best ice cream/sorbet maker; I am better gardener than cook so not current with what's best and what will last.

asked by Drue about 4 years ago

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

I absolutely love my Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet and Ice Cream maker. It has an insert you have to freeze overnight and makes the product to a soft-serve consistency, which then has to be transferred to another container and frozen a while longer to the proper consistency.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I have two Cuisinarts. That way, I always have one insert ready to go. It would make more sense to have one machine and two inserts, but they are inexpensive enough that it's okay to have two.

Yes, I have the Cuisinart too and it works great. I can't figure out why they won't sell you an extra insert separately for those occasions when you need to make more than 1 1/2 quarts or two different flavors.

Wholefoods user icon

my Cuisinart has been a friend for a LONG time and has never let me down. I don't have two, but I always keep the clean bowl in my freezer to be ready any time I am. This link is to the one I have with the addition of a facelift:

http://www1.macys.com/shop...

31cf169d f83a 458c 9946 a9a0311207c3  cumberland pass atv trip july 20 2013 019

I love my Cuisinart, too! Works great, has lasted for years, and not too costly if you google it.

3d9a3882 c161 441f 8a91 0efd10979f7c  2007 09 11e s4

My niece gave me a Cuisinart a few years ago as a birthday gift. I keep the insert in my extra freezer all the time and use it often. In order to make amounts larger than 1 1/2 quarts, I will chill the base to about 35-38°F in the 'fridge. That way I can do two loads in the chilled insert.

UPDATE, just noticed that Cuisinart IS currently offering extra bowls.