Carrot Cake Disaster/Cakes did not release

Made carrot cake cupcakes (for the 100th time) and none released properly. Tastes delicious but all in pieces. I have frosting and not sure how to save. Lastly, people coming for dinner in 2 hours. UGH!

asked by ELCookie over 2 years ago

navahfrost

You could also make them into cake truffles. Mix frosting and cake together to form a "dough" and roll it out into small balls. Dust with powdered sugar. yum.

ELCookie

My son had a similar idea. Take the whole mess; cake and frosting and mix with vanilla ice cream and serve. I made carrot cake parfaits: a layer of cake and a layer or frosting then repeated in a parfait glass.

Whirl it in a blender and call it "mousse."