A question about a recipe: Patricia Wells' Fake Frites

368c4873 5ccc 4cd2 9708 f3f916104e19  2014 1220 fake frites 079

I have a question about the recipe "Patricia Wells' Fake Frites" from Genius Recipes. Can I steam the potatoes eight hours in advance?? If so how should I store them after steaming

asked by Jacob over 2 years ago

former Community Editor

Step 2 of the recipe says that the steamed potatoes can be prepared several hours in advance and to set them aside at room temperature.

NYNCtg

Once I had them steamed and ready to go in the oven. Hubby came home and wanted to go out to dinner. So into the fridge when the Friets. I think I had oiled them as well. They ended up in the fridge for two days. They came out very good when I did them. Not 100% as awesome as they usually are but still very good. I wouldn't keep them that long on purpose but it can be done.