Macaron Pie Crust?

Can I use a french macaron recipe as a pie crust? I'm going to make a peach pie, and am wondering if the moisture would make the crust too soggy (some sog/chew is fine). I'm on a grain-free diet and have not had much luck with almond flour crusts. Thanks!

• Posted by: Andrea
  • June 23, 2016

Andrea
Andrea June 23, 2016

In case anyone else is in the same situation, I thought I'd post that I found a recipe called "Four Generation Peach Pie with Coconut Meringue Crust" that is exactly what I'm looking for.

Sean R
Sean R June 28, 2016

GASP. I am in the same situation and thought I'd never be happy again! Thanks so much, Andrea!!

HalfPint June 23, 2016

You can use a meringue crust for your peach pie, not just a french macaron recipe. Here's a good one,http://allrecipes.com/recipe...

These pies are best eaten the day that they are made (meringue is hygroscopic, loves to suck moisture from the air) and you can probably coat the crust with melted white chocolate to keep the filling from making it too soggy.