Where can I buy dry ice in NYC?

I really, really want to make soft serve ice cream. I found a good looking recipe, but it requires dry ice! Does anyone know where I can buy it in nyc (or nj)??

702551
702551 June 26, 2016

Do you want to keep Google in business? Yes?

Here's what you do. Go to Google and type in "dry ice new york city." See that first hit, the one with the green "Ad" badge? Click on that.

United City Ice Company *PAID* Google to be placed there. That's how Google makes >90% of their revenue, selling ads, in this case Google AdWords. That's how they pay rent to give you Gmail, YouTube, and all those other fine free services that you've grown to taken for granted.

Please help Google out for the sake of their shareholders. ;-o

Thank you and enjoy!

E
E June 26, 2016

I think you'd appreciate an actual useful answer so here is mine: I've used Armato Ice, Dry Ice & Firewood Co. on the Upper East Side. They're great and have excellent customer service.

Rebecca Firkser
Rebecca Firkser June 26, 2016

Thank you so much, E! Very much appreciate a real answer ;)

Susan W June 26, 2016

Also Rebecca, I needed some dry ice and I wasn't sure where to get it, so on a whim, I called the grocery store in my neighborhood and they ordered it from their ice guy and had it for me the next day. I don't know if that was a fluke, but worth a try.

Rebecca Firkser
Rebecca Firkser June 27, 2016

I'll definitely try that! Thanks, Susan!