🔕 🔔

I baked a cake yesterday for Mother's Day & forgot to cover before going to bed. Is it still good or too dried out?

This is a moist chocolate cake so was planning to serve with ice cream but not ice, but I could add a glaze if that would help it.

asked by Beth 5 months ago

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

I think it will be fine. Especially with an already moist cake, and if you are serving it with ice cream.

731da808 0ee6 4688 813c 05a2a7f1ca9b  16463817 10154453650334385 2720521257626860247 o

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

You could give it a simple syrup soak...that'll give it a bit of moisture and add some flavor if you infuse it. What kind of cake is it? A fresh lemon soak for a butter cake or a bit of coffee syrup for a chocolate cake. Flavor combinations are endless and it'll make the flavor a bit more dynamic too.