What is the best food to have on your birthday?

asked by @Callumdgilmour over 7 years ago

lastnightsdinner

My menu of choice for my last two birthdays has been my husband's delicious fried chicken and a sparkling rose' - the pairing suggested by a wine-expert friend.

bella s.f.

We like to have an "innie" and an "outie" birthday. You get to choose what you want your meal at home to be, as well as a meal at a restaurant of your choice. One can be on your "official" birthday, and one can be on a date of your choice. We have been celebrating "birthday week" for a while now. We have friends who like having "birthday month". It can be a lot of fun.

foongfest

When I was growing up in Asia, we always had birthday longevity noodles on birthdays. Basically they're noodles that are really long. We usually had them stir-fried. The long strands symbolize a long life.

Eating those just remind me of my childhood so I guess the best food to have on my birthday is food that reminds me of my younger times..

Oh yeah, don't forget the cake. :)

Fantastic Mr Fox

Ice cream cake, preferably from Carvel.

Soozll

The olive in your Martini...kidding! maybe not.

jwolfsthal

Cake - Cake has no calories on your birthday. It is a scientific fact!

iuzzini

We celebrate birthday months . . . it started as a week, and now it's approaching 2 months. One month to work up to the birthday, and another to wind it down. :) Lots of treats during this time- special breakfasts, dinners, and desserts. Homemade ice cream cake filled with fave ice cream and cake flavors and covered w ganache has been a big hit!

Alex McCormick

Me and my family had a dish of fun and a side of laughter :)

If I'm cooking on my birthday it will probably be Boeuf Bourguignon. Unless I'm craving something else...

scruz

well, i would repeat what i had on my first day of retirement. fresh dungeness crab, followed by a rack of lamb dinner. totally decadent but fitting for all the number of years spent at work in a cubie. i think that would be a fine birthday caloric intake.

scruz

oh, and lots of bubbly.

Sean R

Dungeness crab?? That is a great life. :D

CAKE!

My birthday being in July, it's usually 110 degrees where I live; I'd have to go with ice cream with a side of barbecue.