🔕 🔔

What is the best thing to eat with pickles, and what is the best food with butter beer?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

With pickles...a good burger or pork bbq. But I thought butter beer was something imaginary when I read it in "Harry Potter"

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

Pickles rule by themselves! But I love them with pork ...

Pickles with anything. Butter Beer with a broom and a wand.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I'd drink butter beer with a nice treacle tart.

Mmmm. Could totally see that on the Hogwarts dining table.

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

Pickles and butter beer for lunch with a sandwich of pumpernickel or seedless rye bread, butter, cold sliced roast pork or country ham and a slice or two of a mature (not baby) Swiss.

I forgot to add the mustard! A nice grainy one, or a smooth brown one would be nice.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Bring on the ice cream! Isn't that the natural pairing with pickles?

I love a pickle spear eaten bite by bite with a slice of sharp cheddar cheese. Something about this combo . . . . So Good Together!

added about 2 months ago

This is ganna sound really weird but i like to wrap my pickles in dates and eat them because it makes it sweeter but you still get the sourness from the pickle but its not as strong

Be53e5fa f5fe 4601 8d5e 7d9c096a5aed  nog
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

added about 2 months ago

I like this game! And it totally depends on the pickle. If we're talking bread and butter pickle, you can't go wrong with a good pastrami or pulled pork sandwich. I personally like them on my tuna sandwich but my husband informs me I have bad taste when it comes to tuna sandwiches (pickles, chips, tomatoes, cheese!). If we're talking sour pickles, I stick to my Vermont roots and say the best way to eat the sourest of sour pickles is with black coffee, homemade donuts and sugar on snow. This should be done, preferably, in the church basement (regardless of your religion) in the very early spring with your fellow townsfolk while trying to use up last year's maple syrup before the sap starts running. With everyone's snow boots by the back door and the smell of wet flannel in the air.