🔕 🔔

tough roast

rump roast was sired an baked. now to tough to eat . would simmering it in BBQ sauce to make sandwich's soften it ?

asked by Cathy Ann Engstrum 10 months ago
609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I don't think so. But you can still make pate, rillettes and alike... Here is a nice article that explains the physics of overcooked roasts and also gives some creative suggestions how to re-use the meat. http://www.bonappetit.com...

Be53e5fa f5fe 4601 8d5e 7d9c096a5aed  nog
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

If it's possible, you might want to shred the meat. Then you could put it in the slow cooker with a ton of BBQ sauce. It won't cook the meat anymore, but it might make it slightly softer. Sorry about your roast.

401c5804 f611 451f a157 c693981d8eef  mad cow deux

Barbecue sauce, no matter how much you add, isn't going to do much to soften the roast. If anything it's just going to make your mistake less palatable. If you want to salvage it, braise the roast for an hour or two. Use stock and perhaps a half cup of wine to provide enough liquid to come about halfway up the side of the meat. Good luck.

PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

I like Pierino's idea except I would drink the wine and throw out the roast.