Can I roast in a glass baking dish? I'd like to make the slow roasted cherry tomatoes but don't own a skillet. Thanks.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen August 23, 2011

I roast all kinds of things in Corning and Pyrex...I don't think it will be a problem at all!

sdebrango August 23, 2011

I do too, including baking pies. Just be sure your glass pan is not cold when you put in the hot oven.

amysarah August 23, 2011

I've been doing a batch of slow roast cherry tomatoes practically every week this summer - kind of become a staple around here - and I always use a glass baking dish. I find it works perfectly.

HollowLeg
HollowLeg August 23, 2011

Just be careful in taking it out of the oven - cool it slowly. I had one explode on me once after taking it out of a 425 degree oven and placing it directly on a marble countertop.

susan g August 23, 2011

And I had one explode in the oven because I added liquid without heating it. And another one exploded because I put it (full of something) on top of the stove and by mistake turned on the oven. (Kitchen accidents deserve their own question -- and it was asked!)
I would say you can roast them in anything that has sides, so they don't fall out.