🔕 🔔

Can I roast in a glass baking dish? I'd like to make the slow roasted cherry tomatoes but don't own a skillet. Thanks.

asked by XXX-XXX-4277 about 6 years ago

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I roast all kinds of things in Corning and Pyrex...I don't think it will be a problem at all!

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I do too, including baking pies. Just be sure your glass pan is not cold when you put in the hot oven.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

I've been doing a batch of slow roast cherry tomatoes practically every week this summer - kind of become a staple around here - and I always use a glass baking dish. I find it works perfectly.

Just be careful in taking it out of the oven - cool it slowly. I had one explode on me once after taking it out of a 425 degree oven and placing it directly on a marble countertop.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

And I had one explode in the oven because I added liquid without heating it. And another one exploded because I put it (full of something) on top of the stove and by mistake turned on the oven. (Kitchen accidents deserve their own question -- and it was asked!)
I would say you can roast them in anything that has sides, so they don't fall out.