summer fruit crisp or summer fruit crumble

Made a fruit salad of mango, fresh cherries (halved), blueberries, one peach and some green grapes. Think I cut too much for 2 people and don't want it to get rotten. Wondering if this concoction could be turned into a crisp or crumble and would I need to remove the grapes? Do any of these fruits NOT WORK in a crisp? Finally, best, easiest recipe for crisp? Whew! Thanks all.

asked by barb48 over 2 years ago

I think they'd all work fine.
Simplest recipe for topping - about 1/2c each sugar and fat, your choice and 1 cup each flaked oats and A-P flour, bake on top of the fruit in 350F oven for about 40 minutes.
Also, if/when you have a large volume of fruit (about 6 cups, if I remember rightly), there's a camping recipe for crumble that works surprisingly well, wherever you are. Spread the fruit (with or without sugar, to taste) in bottom of pan. Upend contents of one box cake mix on top (any flavor, but start with white cake or yellow cake), sprinkle with one can (8 or 12 oz) 7 Up (which activates the baking powder). Bake for about half to 3/4 hour in moderate oven. Yummy.

barb48

Thank you!

I'd make a crumble, but I'd leave out the grapes. JMO This is the topping I use. 1 C. flour, 1/2 c. rolled oats, 1/2 c. butter (melted), 1/2 brown sugar, mix it all together to make crumble topping. Mix fruit with 3 T. granulated white sugar, top with crumble and bake at 350 degrees for about one hour or until top is lightly brown and fruit is bubbling. Serve with vanilla ice cream, yum!

Oops! I meant to type 'crisp' not 'crumble'. Sorry.

barb48

Thank you!