What's for Lunch?

3ef124b6 86de 4ba8 967b e36057e13048  turkburger

The older I'm getting the more I appreciate eating a good lunch over a big dinner. I've been coming up with some wonderful lunch ideas, with this turkey burger being one of them. I had never made a turkey burger and must admit this was great! Do you have any lunch ideas to share? BB

asked almost 2 years ago

I've been reading a book that takes place on Nantucket. There are a lot of food references. One of them caused me to crave clam chowder. I'm on a strict training program and not eating processed carbs so I made a low carb clam chowder in my slow cooker. It turned out great, but I'm not sure I can wait until lunch to have another bowl.

MMH
MMH

Post the recipe please!!!

MMH, I was just figuring out what I did (besides wing it) to email it to my mom and daughter. As soon as I post it, I'll shoot you a message.

Also..I had a grilled lamb burger yesterday with heirloom tomato, arugula and used two grilled Portobello mushrooms instead of a bun. I should have taken a photo.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

I'm working so it's leftover spaghetti today but that's not a bad thing. We eat turkey burgers nearly once a week. I like to fill the burgers with chopped spinach, scallions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, fresh herbs S & P ,

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I just made broccoli and cauliflower soup with cheddar cheese croutons. Yum!

Lunch replaced dinner as my main meal of the day several years ago. I no longer see any difference between lunch menu items and dinner menu items.

Of course, if I'm brown bagging it to work, there are the usual considerations about transportability, prep time and serving convenience, but I have no more preconceived ideas about things one eats at lunch versus dinner.

Of course, when I am not working, I eat whatever I want for lunch, the sky's the limit.

ktr
ktr

Lunch for me is usually at work and consists of a salad with homemade dressing topped with some form of protein - either whatever leftover meat or fish we have in the fridge, tuna, or a couple eggs. By changing up the protein, veggies, and salad dressing I rarely get bored with it.

I rarely have time to cook a serious lunch on a weekday so it's almost always something I can hold in my hand; a sandwich, a burrito, a couple of tacos. Maybe a hot dog---I do love hot dogs. I'm not much of a burger guy though, turkey or otherwise. If I have time to sit down for longer it might be a bowl of pho or bimimbap. But don't get me started on pizza as I consider something along the lines of a sacrament.