Chicken Parm

I am making Chicken Parmesan and I didn't read the directions right and poured the sauce on top. How do I know when the chicken is done without a thermometer?

asked by Tinasiah almost 2 years ago

Feel free to remove a breast (I'm assuming that's what you're using) and cut into it to see if it's done. It should not be pink in the middle. If it is just slightly pink, just give it another 5-10 minutes.

If you are a new cook, I highly recommend an instant read thermometer. It takes a lot of stress and guesswork out of cooking. You don't have to spend a fortune to get a good one. I'll come back and link the one I bought.

This is the one I have. Great thermometer and very reasonable price.

https://www.amazon.com...

Although I preach the gospel of instant reads all the time, they are really not much help in a cut of meat like this. I would think 15-18 minutes would be sufficient cooking time.

Very true Pierino, but I was going by her tag of #firsttimecook. The recommendation of an instant read really had nothing to do with this particular situation, but I should have noted that.