Freezing Cake

I made a coconut tres leche cake about 1.5 weeks ago (for myself), but I still have a lot left over and will be going on holiday tomorrow for the next 10-11 days. I would hate to throw it out and let it go to waste..

Can I freeze the cake to eat for after I come back? Its already moist from the 3 milks soak and still tastes good. I'm just curious how it would taste after freezing?

asked by Lost_in_NYC almost 2 years ago

Have frozen many cakes (not that one) and they're usually ok but slightly dry, so I serve them with something moist (fruit, cream, etc.). Can't hurt to freeze. At the worst, you'll have experimental results. At best, cake to eat.
With all the milk & liquids, coconut tres leches sounds like it will come out better.
Stilltasty.com expects best results for frosted cakes at 2-4 mo frozen, unfrosted 4-6 mo.
Last comment - if you have containers & freezer space, freeze small portions so you don't need to defrost all the frozen cake at once

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

nothing to lose, go for it. Freeze in portions as Nancy suggests.

Is it Aargersi's cake? You might send her a message and ask her. Even if it isn't her cake, she may know how well it freezes. I've made hers many times, but I swear people have a sixth sense and stop by whenever I make it. I don't think it's ever been around longer than 2 days.

Lost_in_NYC

Thank you everyone for the feedback! Ended up freezing the cake in one tupperware container.

Its actually this coconut tres leches cake from Chowhound that's insanely good!

http://www.chowhound.com...

That one looks good too! Here's Aargersi's.

https://food52.com/recipes...