Our little rice cooker, now in red + brass for the holidays. Shop the exclusive »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Simple Summer Pork Chops with Balsamic-Pepper Plum Reduction and Fresh Thyme

5a76392e e0f2 47fe 9b03 a5af55b7c56f  2015 0810 simple summer pork chops with balsamic pepper plum reduction and fresh thyme alpha smoot 282

I have a question about the recipe "Simple Summer Pork Chops with Balsamic-Pepper Plum Reduction and Fresh Thyme" from kerrylow. Could I cook this in the oven if I don't have a grill?

asked by Adam L. 3 months ago
401c5804 f611 451f a157 c693981d8eef  mad cow deux

I suppose you could do this in a 375F oven with a lot of attention to basting. But a better solution would be to use ridged grill pan on the stove top.

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

Pierino's on the right track.

The recipe author writes in the headnote 'We grilled the pork because we were grilling other things, but this sauce would also work wonderfully as a pan sauce." That implies that the alternative cooking method would be in a pan on the stovetop.

As a pan sauce, you will have more challenges by using a ridged pan versus one with a smooth bottom.

Of course, you can cook in the oven, but be careful. Thinner pork chops cook rather quickly, you will have to monitor them closely. That's easier to do on a grill or stovetop.

Good luck.