A question about a recipe: Cornmeal Cake with Fresh Corn and Raspberries

80ef4f60 9e84 465a 83ab c16bf706ccd2  642010 115703 0

I have a question about the recipe "Cornmeal Cake with Fresh Corn and Raspberries" from JSCooks. Should the corn be cooked or uncooked?

asked by cristina about 2 years ago

Since the recipe doesn't specify, I'd go uncooked.

JSCooks

Hi Cristina, JSCooks here. Thanks for considering making my cake, and thanks for asking! The corn need not be cooked before baking. (I would hope most authors would specify any steps they expect you to take--I certainly would.) I hope you gave the cake a try and enjoyed it. It's a late summer favorite around here. I made one just last week, as it happens. Happy baking!

cristina

Thank you for the quick response! I have an abundance of raspberries from all the picking done this Labor Day weekend. Thought to myself how nice they would taste in a cornmeal based cake and was thrilled when I found your recipe. Won't get to baking until tonight but looking forward to tasting it. All the best!

JSCooks

I hope you find it a worthy use for your berries, Cristina -- enjoy!