🔕 🔔

Help!!!! I need a crock pot for the winter.

Does anyone know of a healthy crock pot???

asked by Sal Garden about 1 year ago

I'm not sure what you're asking: a slow cooker is merely an appliance; it's what you cook in it that's 'healthy' or not.

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

There have been some health concerns with crock pots cooking at too low a temperature to prevent bacteria, I suppose that's what's meant. I don't think it's a problem with the pots being made now.

They are all "healthy" if you are referring to cooking temps. The FDA saw to that long ago. You can spend as little as $19.99 for a no bells and whistles to up towards $200 and more for a slow cooker that has a browning feature, which I love. Just figure out what size and features are important to you. Going on Amazon is helpful even if you don't buy from them because of the reviews and question and answer sections.

2487144e c60d 4bdc b4cc 4af767a9ad96  img 6405

So many choices. I agree with SusanW check out Amazon. It will also depend on how many servings you would to make. The sizes of slow cookers vary.