🔕 🔔

Healthy slow cooker recipes for two.

I just got a crock pot for Christmas - it's my first programmable one. I am looking for recipes or cookbook suggestions with the caveat that most nights it's just 2 of us and we tend to eat vegan or pescatarian. That's not to say tasty meat recipes aren't welcome. They are! I realize that may sound like crazy towns but if there is anywhere to throw out a bizarre request like vegan slow cooker recipes I suspect this is the place. BTW - I love congee so recipes for any version in a crock pot are most welcome.

asked by Summer of Eggplant about 1 year ago
21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

i would suggest you also use the 52 Search function on the Recipes page and try keywords like Soups; Stews; Vegetable Soups; Bean entrees. I don't think Seafood is conducive to long slow cooking; usually seafood is minimally cooked , to avoid drying out or toughness.

Almost any recipe can be adjusted for a slow cooker. Here is a hot and sour soup recipe for a slow cooker. You could easily use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock. If you have a well stocked pantry for Asian items, soaking dried shiitake mushrooms overnight in water will give you a nice umami broth to add instead of the two cups of water called for. Use a little kombu in the soak and you'll have crazy vegan umami. I would miss the Velveeta pork that I put in my hot and sour, but I think this will still be a delicious soup.

http://www.ayearofslowcooking...

195d3425 5ce0 4767 bff6 37c518a07ce8  stringio

Crock pot meals tend to be very easily freezable/reheatable. I say make a recipe for four, and you'll have leftovers to take for lunch tomorrow or (if you freeze them) next month.