Suggestions for a pasta sauce or ingredients to toss with a pasta that includes a mix of flavors (beet, spinach, turmeric, carrot, basil, squid ink, tomato).

katiebakes
katiebakes September 15, 2010

Well, if it were mine, I would not want an overpowering sauce, so perhaps a very light pomodoro sauce or use it to make a primavera with light vegetables, basil, and butter wine sauce. Hope this helps.

allie
allie September 15, 2010

The pasta includes all of those flavors in one?? I'd stick with olive oil and parmesan (maybe garlic?) and salt - the pasta is complicated enough. Or do you want those flavors in your sauce?

thirschfeld
thirschfeld September 15, 2010

you have your sauce, turmeric, squid ink, tomato and basil.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks September 16, 2010

agree that all you need is either olive oil or butter or try a mix of the two, some garlic, very lightly cooked, and grated parm and pepper.

swshipman
swshipman September 17, 2010

Agreed with others: keep it simple. A simple, but classic blend of a very few ingredients is Buccatini all'Amatriciana. This is a pretty decent start: http://italianfood.about.com/od/meatsauces/r/blr1007.htm