🔕 🔔

Artichoke spinach ravioli- what sauce?

I have some artichoke spinach ravioli I bought at a local pasta shop. Any suggestions for a sauce?

asked by enbe almost 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Brown butter and sage would be good, if you are looking for a tomato base sauce Marcella Hazans tomato sauce is amazing and I think the tomato would be great with the artichoke and spinach combo,

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

I was curious what the first posted answer would be, because my first thought was brown butter and sage. I agree with Sde because the artichoke and spinach filling can be very earthy, esp depending on the size of the ravioli...

I'd might go with butter too, skipping the sage and finishing with grated parm, some lemon zest, and sea or gray salt.

48f19f89 b2e6 444b 973b d8f7048a7189  img 2248 small

I was thinking sage & brown butter as well- that's my usual pairing but I didn't have any sage on hand. I think butter, parm & lemon a la ATG117 would have been the solution. My homemade tomato sauce I found in the freezer was a bit overpowering.

Thanks!!!