🔕 🔔

How long does fresh, cooked pasta last?

Bought some fresh pasta from Eataly on Thursday night that I cooked for Saturday night dinner. There was way too much so I put the left over (plain, no sauce) in a container for later. I forgot to put olive oil on it so I noticed it did get a bit gummy. I'm traveling this week (Tuesday-Thursday) so wont have the opportunity to eat the remainder till the end of the week (still eating the sauced pasta portion). The portion not dressed in sauce, will it be okay to eat come Friday?

I read online, I can cook the plain pasta in boiling water for a few minutes to 'revive it." True?

asked by Lost_in_NYC about 2 months ago
68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

added about 2 months ago

Here's a link from an old hotline discussion about this very subject.
https://food52.com/hotline...

PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

added about 2 months ago

Beside the fact that it wont taste good, I would not eat week old pasta, fresh or regular, not worth the risk

added about 2 months ago

If I wanted to keep it, I would sauce it tonight and freeze it, sauced. It will not be as good as when fresh, but it will still be fine for a quick supper in the nexr week or two.

8bbfe648 dc7e 43f9 816b 4de4ae50eec7  photo
SMSF

SMSF is a trusted home cook.

added about 2 months ago

As to your question about how to "revive" plain, cooked pasta, you definitely don't want to cook it any further. Here is what I do:
Boil some water in a saucepan (it doesn't need to be a big pot of water). Turn off the heat, add the leftover pasta to the hot water and let it sit for about 15-20 seconds. Drain and proceed as usual.