Our little rice cooker in a *new* red—but not for long! Shop now » details
Certain restrictions and exclusions apply. While supplies last.
🔕 🔔

low sugar/low carb side/snack idea for baby shower for a mom with gestational diabetes?

Must be very easy and quick to make or preferably something I can pick up at a supermarket. Thank you!

asked by jasmine about 1 month ago
added about 1 month ago

There's lots of great snack recipes on here, but "easy and quick" makes it more challenging! How about these:
https://food52.com/recipes...

Or another favourite of mine is raw veggies with hummus as a dip. You can often buy pre-cut veggie platters at a grocery store (though the veggies aren't quite as fresh and yummy as cutting your own) and you can buy or make your own hummus too. Standard dips are often stuffed with wheat flour as thickeners and sugars for flavour, which is why I prefer hummus.

added about 1 month ago

I'm a low-carber, myself, and offer the following: Make Caprese bites by spearing half a cherry tomato, a chunk of mozzarella, and a basil leaf on a toothpick. Cut some cheddar into matchsticks and roll a slice of deli roast beef around a cheddar stick. Do the same with prosciutto and parmigiano or manchego cheese. Set out some olives and nuts (macadamias are the lowest in carbs). A green salad would be good (spinach or romaine) as long as the dressing has no sugar (or honey or agave). Beans, legumes and starchy vegetables are too high in carbs for me and may be so for your friend. Ask her. Check out www.alldayidreamaboutfood..., which is written by a woman who got gestational diabetes that never cleared. She has loads of delicious, no-sugar-low-carb recipes. Good luck!

added about 1 month ago

Angel food cake split and filled with low-
fat vanilla yogurt and fresh fruit....

671b6c39 4898 435f 92c5 89cd9b925088  img 3788
added about 1 month ago

Slice an English cumumber into rounds and top with smoked salmon, a dab of creme fraiche, and sprig of dill. It takes about 5 minutes to prepare and looks very elegant.