🔕 🔔

Is it possible to make Pan Fried Pork Buns a day ahead? I have made these (Jian Bao) many times, but always take the risen dough, stuff them and then cook right away. But I wonder if I can stuff them and either freeze them to be thawed and then cooked or put in the fridge the night before? I am worried the dough will get soggy if I do. Admittedly obscure, but would be a real time saver if someone knew for sure that I could.

asked by jwolfsthal over 6 years ago

C9745f94 77e6 490a 8fba bb532f1e3f35  dsc 0357b

I've never made these but I see them all the time in the freezer section at the Asian store, cooked. So I guess if you have time you can steam, cool and freeze them?

9920059c c14d 4755 965d d880979c2f61  monkeys

Sorry, I don't know if I have a direct answer for you. I suspect they would get soggy. I would suggest cooking them until the bread has set but the bottoms haven't crisped. You could then finish them the next day to crisp up the bottoms. I have re-'jianed' fully cooked jian bao and that is good. Could I get the recipe you use to make them?

I would bake/steam them and then freeze the ready made bao. You cool it off after it is made and freeze that, and can always defrost it and then pan fry it

80cc9648 9cfe 4049 92f3 f6fef0f3a439  fb avatar

thanks, all. I think we will make and cook the same day, but will try again ina two step and report back.