🔕 🔔

Gnocchi for a small crowd

I'm making gnocchi for 12 people for our annual holiday gathering. How far in advance can I make the gnocchi? Can I make them the day before and hold them in the fridge? Can I freeze them? Any tips greatly appreciated!

asked by MTMitchell 7 months ago

Gnocchi freeze very well and some very good recipes recommend freezing them before cooking. Dust them with a little flour on parchment-lined sheet pan--make sure they're not touching--and freeze. Once the gnocchi are frozen you can remove them to an air-tight container and hold them in the freezer for a week or so. Good luck. Gnocchi for a crowd isn't easy.

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Freeze. And then put them directly from freezer into boiling water. Just make sure you have a large pot, or run two pots in parallel. You can easily make the gnocchi several days before, it is a lifesaver, and flavor will be the same. And, don't worry it will be just fine...