🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Green Bean "Casserole"

0df8fd5a 4816 4c6c 89a5 681acf0e6952  2016 1025 green bean casserole with creme fraiche mark weinberg 221

I have a question about the recipe "Green Bean "Casserole"" from Sara Jenkins. Should this version of Green Bean "Casserole" be served warm?

asked by SE over 1 year ago

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

Personally, I would plan to serve it immediately after tossing the green beans with the crème fraîche mixture, so they'd still be warm—but I think the dish would still be fine at room temperature, too.

Elizabeth

I made this a few days ago while testing recipes for Thanksgiving. I prefer warm green beans to cold, so at first I added the green beans to the crème fraîche mixture... and the mixture turned to liquid. I tried again with room temperature green beans and a new mixture, and was surprised by how much I liked it. Especially with the hazelnuts, it's definitely not terrible at room temperature. :)