🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Green Bean "Casserole"

0df8fd5a 4816 4c6c 89a5 681acf0e6952  2016 1025 green bean casserole with creme fraiche mark weinberg 221

I have a question about the recipe "Green Bean "Casserole"" from Sara Jenkins. Should this version of Green Bean "Casserole" be served warm?

asked by SE 9 months ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Personally, I would plan to serve it immediately after tossing the green beans with the crème fraîche mixture, so they'd still be warm—but I think the dish would still be fine at room temperature, too.

A8e31ca4 241d 4def ba5d bfe678c4bb32  544705 10101995255633530 289933503 n

I made this a few days ago while testing recipes for Thanksgiving. I prefer warm green beans to cold, so at first I added the green beans to the crème fraîche mixture... and the mixture turned to liquid. I tried again with room temperature green beans and a new mixture, and was surprised by how much I liked it. Especially with the hazelnuts, it's definitely not terrible at room temperature. :)