🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sweet Potato Rolls

914c471c 041e 4200 aecf fdf163581ff4  dsc 1483

I have a question about the recipe "Sweet Potato Rolls" from Posie Harwood. My sweet potato roll dough isn't rising!! The dough has been in a warm place for about 2 hours and is still super sticky and hasn't risen. What can I do?

asked by mff9f about 1 year ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

Is your yeast fresh?

Yes! just bought it yesterday

When were you planning to eat the finished rolls?
If you have time, pop them in the fridge (covered) overnight for an unplanned cool rise. Take out tomorrow, let come to room temp (may take 3-4 hr), punch down, knead & see if there's any life in the dough.
As a former accidental fungicide (yeast-killer), I sympathize. I still remember the dough I was sure would rise, if only found the right spot in my then-apartment.
It didn't.
If you need it for a dinner later tonight & have enough ingredients - even if not a full recipe - start over. Proof the yeast (after 10 minutes are there nice bubbles and a characteristic yeast smell), don't make the milk-butter too hot, and go for a second attempt.
(BTW, even if you make a second set, it's still worth trying the slow rise overnight.)
Good luck!

Thank you!!!!! This is super helpful