Liquid Yogurt Starter URGENT

The milk is cooling in the pan!!! I'm in Germany and am making yogurt**. I could only get liquid starter. The directions essentially say the amount to use is "the tip of of a small spoon" for a liter of milk. Can anyone be more precise? **I know. Germany is the Land of Yogurt. The regular fat version is too mild; the versions with flavor are 10% fat or higher. It's a Goldilocks kind of problem.

asked by Melusine almost 2 years ago

figgypudding
figgypudding

Kate is a Recipe Tester for Food52

Hi Melusine, I would think that the instructions mean 1/4 teaspoon (as a small spoon usually is about 1 teaspoon), but that is an approximate guess. I wish you the best of luck and hope it all works out.

Melusine

Thank you-- we'll try it!

Caroline Lange

Hi Melusine! In my experience, more starter is better than less—if you're not sure, err on the side of more! Hope it goes well!