🔕 🔔

Liquid Yogurt Starter URGENT

The milk is cooling in the pan!!! I'm in Germany and am making yogurt**. I could only get liquid starter. The directions essentially say the amount to use is "the tip of of a small spoon" for a liter of milk. Can anyone be more precise? **I know. Germany is the Land of Yogurt. The regular fat version is too mild; the versions with flavor are 10% fat or higher. It's a Goldilocks kind of problem.

asked by Melusine 11 months ago

C7e463f8 c3dc 4220 8e2c 3913de4dfb39  sadcookie
figgypudding

Kate is a Recipe Tester for Food52

Hi Melusine, I would think that the instructions mean 1/4 teaspoon (as a small spoon usually is about 1 teaspoon), but that is an approximate guess. I wish you the best of luck and hope it all works out.

Thank you-- we'll try it!

D0abaf68 a3aa 4105 a15a 732c3fd0d9ee  186158

Hi Melusine! In my experience, more starter is better than less—if you're not sure, err on the side of more! Hope it goes well!