Frypan best ever

Frypan best ever

• Posted by: Lyn
  • November 23, 2016

Lindsay-Jean Hard November 23, 2016

We have A LOT of our favorite frying pans in our shop: https://food52.com/shop... Any specific qualities you're looking for?

Nancy November 23, 2016

Well, if only one, I would go for a 12" cast iron (with or without a lid, your preference). It lasts forever, you can make almost anything it from soup to nuts (except for some flash frying), with bread and cakes in between.
Counter-indications. It IS heavy, even on its own, and heavier with food in it. Also, if you or someone in the house is lazy on maintenance, don't get this one..
Second best: a stainless steel frypan with a sandwich layer between the inner & outer steel (to conduct heat). One with sides about 3" tall and a lid. Good for many things, including stews where you saute the meat first.
Counter-indication - not the cheapest pan on the street, but there are less expensive versions.

Lyn
Lyn November 23, 2016

Thanks, that's a help. I hadn't thought about side height