🔕 🔔

I need the best no fail-wonderful crumb pound cake recipe EVER :)

asked by hflemm about 7 years ago

Do you mean a crumb cake that's in the shape of a pound cake? Or just a crumb cake of any kind?

hflemm

Sorry that was confusing.....A recipe for a wonderful pound cake with nice moist crumb....I prefer a nice crust on the outside....trying to go through all my whipping cream, cream cheese, butter, shortening, and butter pound cake recipes....wondering if anyone just has a no fail one they use and love!
Thanks Amanda,
Heather

puresugar

I have only tried one here on Food52, but it was wonderful and gone in less than 1 day: SavvyJulie's Clementine Pound Cake. My other go-to is Rose Levy Berenbaum's Perfect Party Pound Cake, which makes a great crust & crumb, too. Rose's also makes a bigger cake, which comes out of my bundt pan nice & tall.

hflemm

oh thank you.....right now I am measuring exact amounts of eggs to flour and sugar to see how that turns out!

Love the Clementine Pound Cake here. http://www.food52.com/recipes... And this one by Shirley Corriher, which appeared in the Times in 2004, is closer to the classic flavor of a poundcake: http://www.nytimes.com...

happycao

Would it be similar to say, Sara Lee's infamous refridgerated pound cake? I grew up on that pound cake (I know, not something something to be proud of) and have always wanted to replicate it.