Now that we have a billionaire charter school advocate in the WH to destroy public education, should I use mini-marshmallows in my yams?

HI BRIDGET! xoxoSauerFam

asked by Patrick J. Sauer over 1 year ago

Diana Henry
Diana Henry

Diana is a British food writer and columnist, and the author of ten books, including the James Beard Award-winning ‘A Bird in the Hand’. She gathers inspiration from all over the world and loves home cooking more than any other kind.

I feel your pain, Patrick (even in London). Personally, I have never put marshmallows with yams (they're sweet enough) but then I am Irish. Try to forget about politics for the day and eat your yams whatever darned way you want to. Happy Thanksgiving!

BrooklynBridget

:-) Diana, you're the best!

Three cheers for Diana!

BrooklynBridget

Mr. Sauer, Old people should watch their sugar intake. I'm not sure of your age, but you might substitute some healthy orange segments. Happy Thanksgiving!

purplestar1019

If only Food52 could solve all our problems! I like to go 50/50 with marshmallows and streusel. Every year I argue with my husband that more people will eat the streusel. Every year I am wrong.

I wouldn't worry- the universities have been bought and turned into vocational training institutes, so education wasn't going anywhere anyway. And I certainly wouldn't add anything sweet to yams, assuming that the yams are sweet potatoes.

My question exactly, Patrick...I do a streusel topping,

oops, started once...got distracted, came back to finish below and somehow this earlier fragment appeared (EDITORS: why or why still no EDIT button?)

Good question, Patrick. Not a fan of marshmallows, but desperate times…I'm considering sprinkling a little Xanax in with the cinnamon and nutmeg in the streusel topping for my sweet potatoes this year.